Saturday 3 October 2009

Briefs.

I have been asked as part of the course to pick a minimum of 4 briefs to work on until the deadline (16th December 2009)

As i work with moving image it would be foolish to try and produce more than the minimum at a professional standard in such a time period.

As a result of deciding what i want to prove and how i want to do it i have chosen the following 4 briefs.

D&AD 2009/10 - E4 30 Second "Monday Night Movie" Ident Accompanied by atleast 1 x 5 Second Sting (Competition Brief)

I chose this brief because it allows me to work for a specific branding and client. I intend to complete it with the use of video (and motion graphics for branding) which continues my practice on After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Camera & Lighting use and general skills in video production, such as storyboarding and treatments. Also I like the challenge of a competition brief.

[D&AD 2008/9 - Faber Faber Modified] Coen Brothers Collection - DVD Menus

This DVD Menu brief is the perfect opportunity to learn the software DVD Studio Pro and try to apply my skills to different themes/genres professionally. Also i feel it is necessary to be able to control my work from start to finish, the finish in this case being DVD Design.
Another plus side to this brief is that i have the oppertunity to work with interactive and moving type.

Collaboration - Character Animation with Dean - self written brief:
[Character based Ident for Comedy Central Channel]

This brief gives me the chance to work with short narratives, and most importantly character based animation which i have had very little experience in. I am Also looking forward to the collaboration with Dean.

Self Written - Storyboard Brief (opportunity to be a live brief)

My Final Brief I chose so that i could continue my work in the avenue of video/moving image without using a computer. Also as story boarding is a vital part of video production, professional practice in it can only help my own professional development. This brief will illustrate my cinematic and industry understanding, and develop my story telling ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment